Dreaming of... Paris

Ooh La La! Lately I have been craving a simpler life... a French life. It's not that my life is hectic right now, it's actually quite the opposite. It's this time off from my usual busy schedule that has made me realize that France is onto something. 35 hour work weeks. 6 weeks of vacation a year. Dessert for breakfast... I mean, Alex already makes fun of me for gunning for the sweets as soon as I awake from a nap, so I've already got that one down.



I know what you're thinking, "this lady sounds pretty lazy (and a bit chubby for my taste)" but it's not really about that. It's about the fact that I don't get to enjoy life when I'm too busy being... busy. I love to be productive, it makes me feel good, but when you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off you don't really have the time to sit back and enjoy your accomplishments. It's silly when you can't take the time to say "hey, I just did something awesome" but instead you are too busy working on the next thing. I am extremely thankful for having the Summer off to really dive into some things that I have been wanting to do for a while, but never really had the time for. Now, even just finishing a book, I have the time to say to myself "good for you". Sometimes that makes all the difference between my happiness and my despair.


image source / / I know this isn't French, but I don't care ;)

So, even though I can't go to Paris, I can try my best to live the French lifestyle here in Kentucky... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment