Style Inspiration : Freaks and Geeks

Freaks and Geeks is one of my favorite shows. It reminds me of my not-so-glamorous high school days. Yes, indeed, I was a freak. It was painfully embarrassing, yet highly enjoyable. I'm proud to say I was a freak in high school. I learned a lot from it. And hey, if I weren't, then I wouldn't have met that scraggly boy wearing torn jeans, band shirts and long stringy hair that would turn out being the love of my life. Yes, being a freak was a good thing for me.

Here are a few looks (slightly) modernized and catered to women. I have to say, even though this was set in 1980, the style was shockingly similar to my high school days nearly 25 years later.




My high school style was pretty much exactly the same as Nick's. I sprinkled in a little bit of Millie here and there (for work mostly), but band shirts, brown cords and converse sneakers with a ton of Sharpie doodles on them were my uniform for years. I wish I still had those Chuck Taylors.... Nowadays I'm all over the place. I have worn outfits very similar to all of these in the past 6 months. That's the fun of fashion though. It changes with your mood, and really can turn your day around.

What was your high school style? Who's look here are you loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment