Loving Lately : The Hunger Games

If you've been around here lately, you know by now that I am deep into Hunger Games mania. I read the first book in a few days, and the second is on my coffee table staring at me this very moment, begging to be read. Needless to say, my housework as taken a back seat... just for one more chapter...

I tried to avoid all the hooplah around the whole thing, thinking it was just another Twilight saga, assuming it would be completely corny with cringe-worthy teenage love (which I have to admit, there was a little), but overall I was pleasantly surprised when my mom took me to see the movie on opening day. She had been looking forward to it for so long, even purchasing the tickets well in advance, and my dad was out of town, so I went with her... I was curious after all. Now I'm hooked. I've seen the movie twice, the second time with Alex at the drive-in. I cannot wait to get through these books, but then I may have withdrawal... Oh, the horror! And let's not forget that Katniss and Peeta are both from Kentucky.... gotta love that....


If you haven't checked it out yet, I suggest swallowing your pride and going for it. I did, and I'm not sorry for it.

For those Hunger Games fans: Team Peeta or Team Gale? Me... so far, I'm all Peeta. Don't judge, he is an artist after all...


May the odds be ever in your favor,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment